By all accounts, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is not human. Those cheekbones, those lips, those eyebrows—there’s simply no way the woman is mortal. (Right?!) The blond bombshell does glowy skin, sculpted cheeks, bronze smoky eyes, and an impossibly full pout like no other. But we say there’s no harm in trying. With the right bronzer and a touch of brow-sculpting magic, Rosie’s signature makeup look is totally achievable.
Check out the instructions below and click play on the video above to see how it’s done!
1. Pat a creamy concealer with a luminous finish onto any blemishes that need camouflaging and under your eyes to cover any dark circles. We’re using Nars’s Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29).
2. Blend liquid luminizer along your orbital bone (the C-shape that frames your eye), into the inner corners of your eyes, and at the top of your Cupid’s bow to enhance your lips.
3. To re-create Rosie’s sculpted features, starting at your temples, brush cream bronzer down the hollows of your cheeks. Blend the product up into your hairline, too. Then, shade your jawline and down the sides of your neck. Chanel’s Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base ($48) is perfect for this because it has just the right amount of warmth to deliver that Rosie glow.
4. Since Rosie has a full, straight-across brow, fill in your brows a little more than you normally would. Square off the front of each eyebrow, and then concentrate the pencil along the bottom edge of your arch to level off the angle there. And be sure the tail of your brow extends slightly upward and outward. Finally, brush the front of your brows up.
5. Line your top and bottom lash lines with bronze eyeliner (we’re using Chanel’s Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer, $29, in Brun-Cuivre). It can be thick on top, but stop your bottom eyeliner at the midpoint of your eye. Slightly extend the point where the top and bottom lines meet to give yourself a little wing. Then, soften the eyeliner with your finger.
6. Using a windshield wiper motion with a large flat brush, apply a warm light brown eye shadow across the whole lid. Then, use the tip of your brush to apply a darker brown shadow to the outer corners, and blend it up into the crease. We’re using the Wanderer and Dreamer shades from Tarte’s Tartlette Amazonian Cly Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($45).
7. Apply your favourite black mascara to your upper lashes and the outer corners of your lower lashes.
8. Swirl peach blush onto the apples of your cheeks. We’re using Clarins’s Multi-Blush Cream Blush ($30) in Peach.
9. Rosie loves a warm pinkish neutral lip, so apply the natural-finish rose lip colour of your choice, and channel your inner supermodel.
You asked for a Rosie tutorial; now who do you want to see next? Leave your requests in the comments below!
Credits: Makeup: Gloria Noto; Hair: Sylvia Wheeler; Nails: Barbara Warner; Videographer: Dave Lang; Model: Chanel Grey; Producer: Clique Studio.