Her skin is ageless. Her hair is impossibly glossy. And her makeup is always enviably luminous. Jennifer Lopez is a beauty icon. And like all good beauty icons, she has a trademark: her glow. That J.Lo glow has inspired countless women to put down the powder and find the nearest luminizer. But there’s more to her glow than a bit of strategically placed highlighter. Check out the instructions below and click play on the video above to see how it’s done!
1. Apply a concealer with a luminous finish, like Nars’s Creamy Radiant Concealer ($29), anywhere you need a little coverage—under the eyes; around the mouth, nose, and chin; and over any imperfections.
2. For maximum glow factor, use a liquid luminizer, like Nars’s Illuminator ($30) in Copacabana, to highlight along your orbital bone, above your eyebrows, and down the bridge of your nose. Be sure to blend it really well.
3. Starting by your ear, brush cream bronzer along the hollows of your cheekbones and anywhere you didn’t highlight—the tip of your nose, chin, and along your hairline.
4. Using a tapered brush for more control, dust matte bronzer in the shape of a C, from your temples to the hollows of your cheeks.
5. Apply bronze eye shadow pencil along your top and bottom lash lines. Make the application along the top lash line a little thicker. Then, blend it out slightly with your finger. (We’re using Nars’s Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, $25, in Skorpios.)
6. Sweep a dark bronze metallic shadow, like Snakebite from Urban Decay’s Naked2 ($54) palette, into your crease and lightly across your eyelid.
7. Using the tip of a small, flat eye shadow brush, carry that same colour along your bottom lash line.
8. Blend a shimmery champagne eye shadow pencil into the inner corners of your eyes.
9. Line your upper lash line with black eyeliner, curl your lashes, and add a few generous coats of mascara. (To really J.Lo-ify your look, add a few individual false eyelashes.) Finish the eyes by brushing your brows up and away.
10. On the lips, apply your favourite nude lipstick, and top it with shimmery champagne lip gloss, like the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ($9) in Pris that we’re using.
What’s your favourite J.Lo beauty look? Tell us in the comments below!
Credits: Makeup: Gloria Noto; Hair: Sylvia Wheeler; Nails: Barbara Warner; Videographer: Dave Lang; Model: Whitney Wagner; Producer: Clique Studio