It's the bank holiday weekend, finally! And we've rounded up the biggest stories from the last week for you to peruse since we have an extra day to chill out. From the crazy-good (and affordable) DIY fashion ideas over on Who What Wear UK to one Byrdie U.S editor's brilliant piece about the rise of the #MermaidThighs trend, we've got plenty for you to enjoy this weekend.
What to give something new a try? Then read our Assistant Editor's verdict on the vegan diet (spoiler alert—she got a flat stomach in a week!) and check out the rose cleanser that broke the internet this week. Plus, this week we welcomed two new columnists to Byrdie, A Style Album's Louise Redknapp and Emma Thatcher, so check out their column on summer hair repair and let us know what you think! So, keep scrolling for this week's biggest style stories…
1. Over on Who What Wear, the team called on Geneva Vanderzeil, who runs the phenomenally cool DIY clothing blog A Pair & a Spare, to reveal her chicest tutorials. We want to try them all! [Who What Wear]
2. We welcomed our new columnists Louise Redknapp and Emma Thatcher, founders of the website A Style Album, to share their top tips for restoring sun-damaged hair back to its best.
3. The #MermaidThighs trend is gaining steam, but one Byrdie U.S. editor asks why we need a “new thigh gap” in a thought-provoking and brilliant article. [Byrdie U.S.]
4. A Japanese face cleanser dispenses in the shape of a rose and the internet went mad over it. Head to PopSugar UK to watch the video to see it for yourself. [PopSugar UK]
5. Ever been tempted to go vegan? Our Assistant Editor Elinor Block did and she got a flatter stomach in a week!
6. We spoke to a dermatologist to find out exactly what you should be eating daily for clear, glowing skin. Here's your skin diet…
7. The Australian Byrdie team talked ageless beauty, Maybelline mascara before it came in a tube and why there is no such thing as a bad hair day with Linda Rodin. [Byrdie AU]
Let us know your favourite story or what you’d like to read more about on Byrdie UK in the comment box below. Happy weekend!