For many, the bathroom is a haven. It's a place where you can take a few moments out of the day for a refreshing shower or a relaxing lounge in the tub (time permitting). So it's little wonder that images of inspirational bathrooms are so popular on the Byrdie UK Instagram feed. The more you look at these images, the more you realise there are a few key things that make them great (besides the roll-top baths and brass taps). If your bathroom is a bit basic and you want to elevate it to Instagrammable standards (or at least to a place where you really want to spend your downtime), let us show you some small and affordable updates that'll quickly update any bathroom.
1. Use a bath mat to add pattern or texture.
2. Update your décor or inject colour with your choice of towels.
3. Jute baskets make for attractive storage solutions.
4. A large new mirror can instantly elevate and brighten a space.
5. Store loo rolls in baskets.
6. Organise your products in clear acrylic boxes.
7. Use a label maker for easy labels and storage.
8. Aesop packaging instantly makes any bathroom look chic.
9. Get yourself a space-saving towel ladder.
10. Use glass jars and trays to place items on show.
11. Use large woven baskets to store fresh towels or loo rolls.
12. Hang eucalyptus over your showerhead for a spa-like experience.
13. Make every bath time complete via a bath shelf.
Be sure to follow Byrdie UK on Instagram for more bathroom and beauty ideas.