Take Our Quiz: How Wellness Were You in 2017?
2017 was a big year for wellness from the turmeric latte takeover to being more mindful (whether that was laying in a gong bath or taking up Ayurveda). But when we collectively start to reflect on the year that's coming to a close, you might like to know just how wellness you were.
Are you a wellness trendsetter who's always ahead of the curve when it comes to the latest workouts and healthy food fads, or are you the type who only goes out for a jog when you've had one too many late nights? To find out how wellness you were and how to let that guide you in 2018, check out the list below and check off how many you did. Then keep scrolling for the results.
How many did you do?
1. You put adaptogens in everything from green juices to smoothies and even coffee. In fact, adding boosters to your coffee is so 2018, according to Pinterest, so you're already ahead of the curve.
2. Forget meditation—this year you were all about gong baths or sound healing as it's otherwise known. Not familiar? Well, it's where you lie in a room and get bathed by the calming sounds and vibrations from Tibetan singing bowls. Totally normal behaviour, honest.
3. Coffee was a load of old "covfefe" in 2017 (unless you're boosting it, and in that case, as you were…). Instead, you could be found downing turmeric lattes like they were going out of fashion.
4. You managed to track down an infrared sauna and you loved it.
5. Boxing was totally your thing. Not just for the body, but for your mind too.
6. You moved on from at-home peels to derma-rolling for an added glow.
10. You took at least one #FridgeShelfie.
You did one to three: So you're not a wellness trendsetter, but that's okay! If you want to be more wellness in 2018, don't worry about the trends, just focus on what you enjoy and keep it up. Aim to nail that 80/20 rule in 2018, meaning 80% healthy and 20% not so much.
You did four to seven: You're not obsessed with wellness, but you take a keen interest. Try signing up for ClassPass, as it's a great way to try different fitness studios to find what you love. Oh, and bookmark our Health channel to keep up with the latest trends.
You did eight to 10: Got any wellness tips for us? Your wellness knowledge is 100. Join our Facebook group The British Beauty Line to share your wisdom!
Next up are five surefire ways to avoid winter weight gain.