Video Tutorial: The 1-Minute Rolled Chignon
You all wanted to see video tutorials, so we created them! We got the hair geniuses from celeb hairstylist Jen Atkin’s website Mane Addicts in the studio to help us whip up some chic looks you can create at home. First up, a super-easy no-heat updo you can do in under a minute. It’s perfect for thick hair and women with natural texture. All you need is a few bobby pins. Check out the step-by-step instructions below and press play on the video above to see it all come together!
1. Divide your hair into two even sections. (If you’re feeling frizzy, work a few drops of Bumble and bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil ($39) through your strands.)
2. Gather a section on one side, and starting just above your ear, begin to roll your hair in.
3. Keep rolling along your hairline, adding more hair as you go.
4. Once you reach the back of your head, tuck any remaining ends into the twist, and secure in place with a couple of bobby pins.
5. Repeat steps two through four on the other side.
6. Finish by pulling out a few pieces for more of a lived-in look. Give the style a little extra staying power with a spritz of Aloxxi’s Working Hairspray ($18), and you’re good to go!
P.s. This works on shorter hair too! (Your twist will just be smaller if your hair falls above your shoulders.)
Will you try this rolled chignon? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!
Credits: Hair: Sascha Breuer, Videographer: Dave Lang, Makeup: Jeffrey Baum, Nails: Barbara Warner, Model: Audre, Produced by Clique Studio with Mane Addicts