3 Face Mist Recipes to Survive This Week's Heatwave
Summer is the perfect time of year to introduce a face mist into your routine. Not only are they incredibly refreshing, but many offer beauty benefits meaning you can get a skincare fix at any time of the day, over or under makeup.
While we have some favourite face mists (the classic Caudalie springs to mind) it's also fun to make your own. We called on the team at Neal's Yard Remedies to create three skin type specific recipes for you to try this weekend. Once made they will keep fresh in your fridge for six weeks.
Keep scrolling for the step-by-step guides to making your own face mist.
For: Oily/combination skin
NYR's Notes: A balancing and refining facial mist thanks to the palmarosa and witch hazel, palmarosa is antibacterial whilst also able to hydrate and balance the skin. Aloe vera helps to soothe, while mandarin leaves skin refreshed.
1 tbsp. aloe vera juice
1tbsp. witch hazel herbal water
2 tbsp. mineral water
2 drops palmarosa essential oil
1 drop mandarin essential oil
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Pour into a sterilised bottle with an atomiser.
For: Normal skin
NYR's Notes: For a boost of hydration, this is the mist you need. It will balance and refresh your skin. Aloe vera is well known for soothing and healing the skin with a cooling effect.
100 ml mineral water
1 tbsp. dried rose petals
1 tsp. glycerine
1 tsp. aloe vera juice
1 drop geranium essential oil
1. Start with a rose petal infusion by boiling the mineral water. Place the rose petals in a teapot or glass bowl and pour over the boiling water. Leave to steep for 10 minutes, then strain.
2. Add the glycerine, aloe vera juice and essential oil to the infusion, and stir thoroughly.
3. Pour into a sterilised bottle. Once cool, seal with an atomiser.
Shake before use.
For: Dry skin
NYR's Notes: Nourishing and replenishing, this is perfect for dry skin. Neroli also works on the nervous system to ease stress so it is extremely relaxing. Frankincense will help rejuvenate and tone your skin.
75 ml mineral water
1 tbsp. orange floral water
1 tsp. glycerine
5 drops neroli essential oil
2 drops frankincense essential oil
1. Mix the mineral water and orange flower water together in a bowl.
2. Add the glycerine and essential oils, and stir thoroughly. Pour into a sterilised bottle with an atomiser.
Not into making your own beauty products? Keep scrolling for the ready-made face mists we love.
Shop our favourite face mists:
Let us know your favourite face mist in the comment box below.