Byrdie Is Hiring Fall Editorial and Art Interns
Byrdie is currently seeking editorial and art interns to begin in fall 2015. If you've got a passion for beauty, writing, and/or design, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for candidates with a strong interest in both beauty and writing, who are organised, efficient, work well in a fast-paced environment, and are looking to grow as a writer. Our unique internship program offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of this online magazine and media company while gaining experience as an online journalist.
Position: Editorial Intern
- Assist the team with market research and sample requests.
- Work with the editors to research, transcribe, and write a variety of features.
- Organise and maintain the beauty closet.
- Keep an eye on celebrity images to identify trends.
- Must be extremely resourceful, with a can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise within a multitasking environment
- Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, but also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of celebrities, models, tastemakers—makeup artists and hairstylists don’t hurt!
Byrdie Beauty is located in Los Angeles, and candidates must currently be in school.
Submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line "Editorial Internship - [YOUR NAME]".
Byrdie is currently seeking Art Interns for fall 2015. We are looking for motivated candidates who have a strong interest in graphic design within the digital media platform. We are looking for individuals who can easily adapt their design skills to meet the brand’s design guidelines, as well as bring fresh ideas to the table with their exceptional taste.
Editorial Art Intern Responsibilities:
- Assisting Graphic Designers in completing art for daily content
- Post-production work/image formatting
- Retouching images to fit brand’s aesthetic
- Designing social images to be shared on all social media platforms
- Assisting with photo research and sourcing inspiration
- Completing occasional administrative work
- Must be comfortable using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Must possess strong skills in typography and layout design
- Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure, manage time well, and meet tight deadlines quickly
- Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, and also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction
- Must be extremely resourceful to stay ahead of the design curve and bring new ideas to the team
- Interest in beauty is a plus
Candidates must be enrolled in school at the time of their internship, must be enrolled in a class to receive credit for the internship, and should be able to commit to 2-3 days a week for a minimum of 4 months. Byrdie.com is located in Los Angeles, in the neighbourhood of West Hollywood. Please consider this when applying.
Please submit your résumé and link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Byrdie ART Intern: [YOUR NAME]".