10 Things Even the Biggest Bobbi Brown Fans Don't Know
Since its launch way back in 1991 (that's 26 years ago!), Bobbi Brown has become a household name. It's a brand that put natural makeup on the map, and it's a go-to for workplace makeup and wedding looks for millions of women across the globe. It also does some epic party makeup too (seriously, go check it out). Whether you're a die-hard fan or simply know of the brand, there are some fun facts about Bobbi Brown that you probably don't know. Keep scrolling to find out more about this much-loved makeup brand.
1. The Message: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics was founded in 1991 by makeup artist–turned-entrepreneur Bobbi Brown. The brand’s message remains the same today as it was when it launched…
The secret to beauty is simple: Be who you are.
2. The Niche: "At the time, the style was like white skin, red lips, contouring … and I hated the way it looked," Brown told Byrdie.com. "I wanted to do more natural-looking makeup. But I couldn't find makeup that allowed me to do it easily." She found her niche, found a chemist and the rest is history. "At that point, no one had done a great collection of edited, natural-looking makeup," she says.
3. The Lipsticks: In 1991, the Bobbi Brown Essentials line of lipsticks debuted at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City. The idea for Bobbi Brown Essentials first began with a nude lipstick, Lip Color in Brown, which was designed to look like lips. Nine equally flattering shades followed soon after. With this set of 10 lipsticks, a woman could create an infinite number of wearable shades just by mixing and blending them.
4. The Foundation: Skin Foundation Stick (£31) is just 0.31 ounces, making it the perfect travel foundation. But don't let its small size fool you—it's small but mighty, with over 92 applications.
5. The Icon: The brand's much-loved and now iconic Shimmer Brick (£35) launched in 2003. The compacts are handmade in Italy using a wet slurry and a unique baking process that allows the powder to deliver that fresh, natural sheer glow the brand is known for.
6. The Unusual Inspiration: You know the brand's iconic Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner? It launched back in 2001, and the pot was inspired by an antique glass inkwell.
8.The UK Fans: Bobbi Brown is so well loved in the UK, we are tied with having the most Bobbi Brown Cosmetics standalone stores in the world. Want some intel? The brand’s first-ever global pro store is set to open in London this September, with unique product offerings and services for makeup artists and consumers alike.
9. The On-Counter Makeovers: More than 1000 women book in for the brand's how-to services in the UK daily.
10. The Unusual Fan: According to Harper's Bazaar UK, Bobbi Brown convinced Mike Tyson to wear makeup. "He said, 'You ain't touching me with that stuff.' I said okay, and then I said, 'Do you want to look shiny?' And he said no, I said, 'Okay, then let me touch up.'"
11. Bobbi's Favourite Product: "My No. 1 favorite product—if I could only have one thing—would be Extra Balm," Brown told Byrdie.com. "If I was that kind of a marketer, I would call it youth in a jar. Because it's like a miracle."