The Byrdie Beauty Recap: All The Latest
This week we’ve been distracted by Met Gala pictures really busy at work, and we’re pretty sure you’re the same. So we’ve rounded up all the stories on Byrdie and beyond that you may have missed.
Keep scrolling to get up to date with all the latest style stories…
1. The Met Gala is always a visual feast, and this year was no exception. In case you missed it, check out our edit of the best looks. The theme this year was "Manus x Machina; Fashion in the Age of Technology," which in beauty terms equaled a swathe of metallic eyes, bold lips and sleek hairstyles.
2. A new month signals a new batch of beauty launches that we’re obsessed with (naturally). Here are 23 products we are pretty sure you won’t be able to resist (insert sheepish emoji face here).
3. Game of Thrones season 6 is causing quite the stir, and not only because we finally found out what happened to Jon Snow, but rather because on Instagram women everywhere are creating Khaleesi-inspired braided hairstyles. [Popsugar UK]
4. In our constant quest for perfect skin, we came across Byrdie Australia’s story revealing seven things girls with amazing skin NEVER do. Read. learn. Take notes. [Byrdie AU]
5. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last six months, you will have noticed that '90s fashion and beauty is everywhere. You can’t move for a brown lipstick or a cami dress in stores. Rather than take inspiration from the here and now, Who What Wear is looking back to the decade we’re loving right now and the biggest style icon of that time: Kate Moss. [Who What Wear UK]
6. Co-founder of fashion resale site Vestiaire Collective, Fanny Moizant, let us take a peek inside her beautiful world, from her makeup bag to her ingenious way of storing products. (Hint: You’ll need to take a trip to your local garden centre…)
7. Think natural beauty products aren’t tough on wrinkles or pigmentation? We reveal 5 ingredients derived from the great outdoors that will perfect your skin.
Let us know what you’d like to read more about on Byrdie UK in the comment box below. Happy weekend!