The Byrdie Beauty Recap: What Happened This Week
It has been a busy week in the world of beauty. We've had two major beauty announcements and, of course, yesterday the first weekend of Coachella kicked-off so we're on high alert for new hair and makeup trends that we'll be able to draw on all summer long. Keep scrolling to find out this week's most exciting beauty and style news.
1. Top of this week's list: Cara Delevingne was announced as a new brand ambassador for Rimmel London, alongside other iconic Brit stars including Kate Moss and Rita Ora.
2. Following hot on her heels, Rihanna revealed that she has inked a deal with LVMH (the luxury conglomerate behind Christian Dior, Givenchy, and more) to create a line called Fenty Beauty by Rihanna.
3. Over on WhoWhatWear columnist Angela Scanlon revealed which pieces are finally encouraging her to ditch the winter coat. [WhoWhatWear UK]
4. It's the first weekend of Coachella! Before we all get lost in Instagram take a look at our retrospective and see which past celeb festival beauty looks we'll still be wearing this year.
5. We've always known lipstick can brighten our mood but our friends over at Byrdie in Australia have revealed which shades are scientifically proven to make you happier. [Byrdie AU]
6. Fancy a hair colour change for spring? Then take inspiration from these 22 stars who have taken their blonde to the dark side. [Popsugar UK]
7. If you suffer with chronically dry skin then this very unlikely ingredient could help. Seriously, you'll never guess what it is.
Let us know your favourite story, or what you’d like to read more about on Byrdie UK in the comment box below. Happy weekend!